Dealio.com Introduces Consumer-Driven Deal News Community
Builds Off Success Of Dealio Comparison Shopping Toolbar
SAN MATEO, Calif. November 28, 2006 — Vendio™, makers of the Dealio comparison shopping Toolbar™, today introduced the Dealio Community, a major expansion of www.dealio.com, where users can see consumer-posted bargains stemming from coupons, rebates, price matches, and more on virtually any product or service, online or off.† Deals posted on Dealio.com are now displayed, in real-time, through the Dealio Toolbarís extremely popular "deals of the day" feature.† †
"The "deals of the day" feature is extremely popular among our fast growing user base of nearly 1 million active Dealio Toolbar users," explained Rodrigo Sales, CEO and co-founder of Vendio.†"The introduction of the Dealio Community not only provides our toolbar users with expanded access to the hottest deals available, but also makes those deals accessible to anyone visiting the Dealio.com website."†
As part of the launch, Vendio announced a promotion rewarding users for actively contributing to the Dealio Community.†Users who join the Dealio Community and post, revise, or share a deal with friends and family can win cash prizes of up to $2,500 (see separate release issued today or visit the rules at http://www.dealio.com/giveaway_rules.html).†
With the Dealio Community, Vendio leveraged its experience in developing applications that make it efficient for online merchants to list items on various marketplaces.†Much of that knowledge was used to build a better, more consumer friendly site that makes it easier for bargain hunters to find or contribute deals.†Just some of the exciting new features are listed below:†††
- By Deal Type: Different types of deals appeal to different consumers at different times.†Dealio.com enables users to filter the deals displayed on the main search results page by their preferred deal type.†Some examples include Online deals, In-store deals, Instant Savings, Coupon, FREE, Price Match and Misprint.
- By Popular Tag: Users can locate deals related to frequently-added products or product categories. These useful keywords can be tagged by members of the community to any deal.†Popular tags show up as clickable links on all deal pages for ease of access.
- By Store: Users can display deals by store (i.e. Best Buy, Amazon.com, or Target). This search element is especially helpful for users who like to fine tune a specific product search to their favorite stores or who may want to find additional items available at a particular store to get free or discounted shipping.
- Post deals: Users can post deals quickly without having to write long descriptions.† The submittal process asks users to enter information about the deal in a quick, structured process.† The resulting visual illustration makes deals extremely easy to read by calling out all of the dealís key information.† This eliminates the need for users to sift through text in multiple posts.
- Revise deals: Unlike other "forum-like" deal web sites, Dealio.com users can revise deals outright if they have important details to add. The interaction ensures all deals posted to Dealio.com are kept up to date and contain both relevant and useful content, encouraging active, ongoing contributions by end users.
- Vote deals up or down: Users can "vote up" deals they like or "vote down" deals they donít like. Users can also share with others how much they saved on a particular deal.
- Give users "props": Users can give "props" to other users.†"Props" benefit the community by rewarding members who post the best deals and by giving those deals an added degree of credibility.
About VendioVendio is a leader in eCommerce, providing hosted software-as-a-service (SAAS) solutions for merchants. Vendio's consumer offering, Dealio, is one of the top Web 2.0 shopping sites providing coupons, comparison shopping, and user generated deals. Dealio is a direct descendant of Auctionwatch, Vendioís pioneering comparison shopping search engine for auctions created in 1998. Today Dealio provides some of the best bargains and product depth of any shopping site by leveraging the thousands of stores hosted by Vendio.
Vendio was founded in January, 1999 and is the independent leader in multi-channel online sales. Each year, tens of thousands of merchants use Vendio's sales management and merchandising services to sell over $1.6 billion of merchandise on both their own branded stores as well as the Web's leading marketplaces such as eBay. Vendio is a profitable Silicon Valley startup which acquired the assets of long time competitor Andale in 2006. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, CA with offices in Bucharest, Romania and Bangalore, India. Vendio is backed by Lighthouse Capital Partners and MVC Capital.
Vendio and Dealio are trademarks of Vendio Services, Inc. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners, without intent to infringe.< Back to Press Releases