Vendio™ Announces Another Year of Record Results
Leading Online Auction and Comparison Shopping Services Firm Celebrates Further Strong Growth
SAN MATEO, Calif. May 2, 2006 — Vendio™, a leading provider of services that empower merchants to reach consumers and manage online transactions, today announced another year of record results, as the company reported record revenues, GAAP Net Income and EBITDA.
"2005 was yet another year of strong growth for Vendio as we introduced new services into new markets, as well as improved our existing services to help our merchant base continue to increase their sales and profits," said Rodrigo Sales, CEO of Vendio. "We are also proud to have introduced Dealio, a smart, user-friendly utility that accompanies consumers while they shop online and presents them with lower cost alternatives in a convenient, intuitive and unobtrusive manner."
Vendio's financial health is the result of launching innovative new services such as Dealio™, the continued improvement of existing services, and a consistent rise in new customers and subscriptions. Despite expanding its development capacity and scaling up its investment in Dealio, Vendio saw further significant increases in GAAP net income, EBITDA and Cash in 2005. The company has achieved 17 consecutive quarters of positive EBITDA and 13 quarters of GAAP profitability since 2002.
Vendio heavily invested its profits in the development, marketing, and distribution of Dealio, as well as in new sales management services designed to meet the operational and merchandising needs of its broad merchant base. The new services for 2005 that contributed to Vendio's strong financial growth include:
- Dealio Toolbar™ - a comparison shopping toolbar that finds consumers the lowest prices on products while they shop the Web, so they never overpay online again (available at http://www.dealio.com).
- Vendio Reviser - the only service of its kind that helps eBay sellers increase their items' visibility by enabling fully automated or manual revisions to their live eBay listings (available at http://www.vendio.com/reviser.html).
- Web Hosting - gives individuals and small businesses a simple and affordable solution to serve their online needs - from file- and photo-sharing, to online applications and information, to complete Web sites and online stores (available at http://www.vendioweb.com).
- Vendio Gallery for eBay International Sites - provides a scrolling slideshow of an eBay seller's other items and makes it easy for buyers viewing one listing to find everything else they have for sale. Gallery is now available for eBay.com, eBay UK, eBay Canada, eBay Australia, and eBay Germany marketplaces (available at http://www.vendio.com/gallery.html).
- Vendio Reports - helps sellers identify the selling methods that make them the most money, so they can capitalize on the strategies that work best for them and scale back or eliminate the ones that don't (available at http://www.vendio.com/reports.html).
About VendioVendio is a leader in eCommerce, providing hosted software-as-a-service (SAAS) solutions for merchants. Vendio's consumer offering, Dealio, is one of the top Web 2.0 shopping sites providing coupons, comparison shopping, and user generated deals. Dealio is a direct descendant of Auctionwatch, Vendio’s pioneering comparison shopping search engine for auctions created in 1998. Today Dealio provides some of the best bargains and product depth of any shopping site by leveraging the thousands of stores hosted by Vendio.
Vendio was founded in January, 1999 and is the independent leader in multi-channel online sales. Each year, tens of thousands of merchants use Vendio's sales management and merchandising services to sell over $1.6 billion of merchandise on both their own branded stores as well as the Web's leading marketplaces such as eBay. Vendio is a profitable Silicon Valley startup which acquired the assets of long time competitor Andale in 2006. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, CA with offices in Bucharest, Romania and Bangalore, India. Vendio is backed by Lighthouse Capital Partners and MVC Capital.
Vendio and Dealio are trademarks of Vendio Services, Inc. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners, without intent to infringe.< Back to Press Releases